Creative & Technical Professional
John Paul Sharp
What moves and inspires me to be great are all the people I connect with. I love to lift people up by showing them how to access all the different forms of communication and expression available. I am most satisfied helping people and watching them succeed over time. Telling stories is the best, most humanistic way to solve problems and I enjoy facilitating that kind of learning experience, whether one-on-one, or in groups. Active listening is my strategic approach to making others feel heard and valued. I believe a constructive attitude will get you much farther than a strictly positive or negative mode of thinking. I advocate for finding fun and innovative solutions to seemingly negative problems.
Health Foods Professional
The Central Co-op, –
• Held supervisory leadership roles in prepared food service.
• Developed storewide policies and procedures for safety.
• Advocated for worker issues through volunteer work.
• Teaching students of diverse backgrounds one-on-one, online and in person.
• Creating individualized, iterative learning experiences catered to students needs and skill-level.
• Retaining students for multiple years by discerning and attaining measurements for success.
Presenter and Voice Talent
• Presenting or demonstrating the use of technology while reading a teleprompter.
• Hosting fundraising events for nonprofit charity organizations.
• Performing narration and voice-overs for audio books, podcasts, and video games.
• Writing and self-publishing over 30 works of music.
• Writing and producing 4 original musicals for stage.
• Scoring music for film and arranging music for singers.
• Writing jingles for commercial products and events.
WARP Theater, –
• Drafted and executive a non-profit business plan for the performing arts.
• Supervised script selection, casting, rehearsals, and productions of theatrical works.
• Advocated for underrepresented communities in the selection of leadership roles within the organization.
University of Colorado Denver, –
• Facilitated graduate research of instructional design.
• Iteratively developed curriculum using student data.
• Attended chair meetings and teaching conferences.
The Delectable Egg, –
• Held supervisory and training roles and developed staff policies and procedures.
• Maintained high selling status and an average of 22% gratuity by delivering consistently exceptional customer service to a diverse customer base.
Online Community Manager
PlanetOut Partners, Inc., –
• Developed social media and customer engagement best practices.
• Analyzed and modified growth and engagement strategies based on qualitative and quantitative feedback.
• Planned and produced promotional events at festivals across the country.
Wichita Northwest Highschool
High School Diploma,
• Awarded fastest keyboardist from Business Professionals of America.
• Performed lead roles in music and theater productions.
• Advocated for lgbtq+ students as a monthly columnist for the Liberty Press..
Eastern Gateway Community College
Associate of Applied Business – Paralegal Studies, –
• Learned foundations in contract, tort, family, criminal, real estate, and estate laws.
• Developed legal writing and research methods through memorandums and case briefs.
• Focused emphasis on real estate and estate law.
University of Colorado Denver
Master of Arts – Digital Learning Implementation and Design, –
• Developed psychological and adult learning research.
• Designed instructional materials using educational theories.
• Awarded Outstanding Graduate for creating a positive impact on multiple departments in the School of Education and Human Development.
University of Colorado Denver
Bachelor of Science – Vocal Performance, –
• Arranged vocal music for competitive a cappella groups.
• Produced musical concerts and theatrical productions as fundraisers for charitable organizations.
• Awarded Outstanding Graduate for raising educational standards in the Music and Entertainment Industries program.
“JP completed his MA from our program and was Student of the Year when he graduated. Later he taught courses in instructional design and media creation for several years under my direction as program leader. JP is a great colleague, teacher, and course designer – especially creative and positive in his collaborations. I recommend him strongly!”
“My relationship with John is mostly in the theater: plays and music. I am an amateur playwright and He has directed all my work that has been performed, and wrote the music to my musical and opera. He also headed, for a time, a small theater company I was working with. We have not collaborated since Covid, but I wouldn’t hesitate for a minute to work with him again.”
Adobe Creative Cloud, Adult Education, Apple Mac, Call Center Customer Support, Creative Writing, Customer Engagement, Customer Retention, Customer Service, Event Planning, Food and Beverage Management, Food Preparation, Food Safety Experience, Food Service, Group Presentations, Higher Education, Instruction, Instructional Design, Learning Delivery, Learning Management System, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Microsoft Windows, Musician, Project Management, Researching.